It is from the fishing village of Boucholeurs, founded in the eighteenth century, that will develop in the next century the seaside resort of Châtelaillon, thanks to the arrival of the railroad.
Many villas, colorful and typical of the great century, were then built along the coast; a casino is set in 1893, and a dam and a beach.
Châtelaillon-Plage is a very dynamic town.
Its slogan: “A name, a thousand reasons”…
This small resort at human scale is a place where life is good!
A thousand reasons to come to Châtelaillon: family, sunny, festive, friendly, peaceful, nature, greedy, sports, happy, zen…
Many events are held throughout the year and especially during the tourist season which is long here.
– Kite festival at Easter
– Horses races from March to November
– Châtel celebrations at the end of June
– Torchlights and fireworks just in front or the apartment on July 13th
– The Boucholeurs festival in August
– The marina festival in August
– The greedy feast in October
– Sound and light of the living nativity in December…
Click on the thumbnails to scroll through or enlarge them.
Roquechelle in Châtelaillon-Plage
Roquechelle is the apartment located in the center and on the 2nd floor of the building “Port Royal”.
This lovely residence, well-kept, is the first on the beach, and therefore right next to the marina.
All activities are very near:
– The Nautical center and boats are just down on the beach,
– Jet skiing tempts you to make a tour around Fort Boyard with a monitor (or alone if you have the boat license): the hut is in front of you and jet skis on the pier,
– The kitesurfing school settles in the evening on the beach facing the residence,
– Aquatic Center (29°, slides, spa, steam room, sauna…) is 50 meters from the building…
Shops, and of course the market is 700 meters from the residence; a path along the sea leads us there on foot in ten minutes.