The seaside resort of Châtelaillon developed, thanks to the
arrival of the railroad in the nineteenth century, from the fishing
village of Bouchôleurs, founded the previous century. Many
colourful villas, typical of the era, were then built along the
coast; a casino was set up in 1893, as well as a dam and a beach.
Châtelaillon-Plage is a very dynamic town. Its slogan:
"A name, a thousand reasons" ...
A thousand reasons to come to Châtelaillon: family, sunshine,
sports, nature, festivals, zen
It's a friendly, peaceful,
gourmand, happy place, ... this small resort with a human scale
is a place where life is good!
Many events are held throughout the year and especially during
the tourist season which is long here. For example:
- Kite festival at Easter
- Horse races in the Hippodrome from March to November
- Châtel celebrations at the end of June
- Torchlights and fireworks just in front or the apartment on
- The Boucholeurs festival in August
- The marina festival in August
- The Escales Gourmandes in October
- Sound and light of the moving crib in December ...
Roquechelle in Châtelaillon-Plage:
Roquechelle is the apartment located in the centre on the 2nd
floor of the "Port Royal" building.
This lovely residence, well-kept, is the first on the beach, and
therefore right next to the marina.
All activities are thus very near:
- The Nautical centre and boats are just down on the beach,
- Jet skiing tempts you to make a tour around Fort Boyard with
a monitor (or alone if you have a boat license): the hut is in
front of you and jet skis on the pier,
- The kite surfing school sets up in the evening on the beach
facing the residence,
- Aquatic Centre (29 °C, slides, spa, steam room, sauna ...)
is 50 metres from the building ...
Shops, and of course the market, are 700 metres from the residence;
a path along the sea takes us there on foot in ten minutes.